It is our goal at Our Lady Queen of Peace to provide your children with the finest education possible. We strive to help them not only in scholastic achievement, but in their spiritual, social, and physical growth as well. While we have a fine and dedicated staff, parents also provide a vital service to our school.
In this Parent Service Hours Progarm, parents will provide hours of service throughout the year from their choice of activities ranging from library helper to serving as a PSA officer. It should be noted that all four Catholic schools in our area require families to complete service hours.
Service hours are required for families whose children attend Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic School.Your dedication in achieving these service hours helps to ensure that the tuition at Our Lady Queen of Peace remains affordable. Each school family is required to complete a minimum of 20 service hours for Kindergarten through 8th grade and a minimum of 10 service hours for Pre-K 3 & 4 year olds, between May 1 and April 30 each school year.
The hours are per family which includes grandparents, aunts, uncles and siblings as long as they have attended a Protecting God's Children Workshop.
There are many opportunities to obtain service hours. Examples are listed below:
- OLQP Summer Jamboree
- PSA Fish Fry (6 Fridays during Lent)
- Work (concessions or entrance) Sports Tournaments and Events
- All PSA fundraising events or sales Smorgasbord
- Attend PSA meeting
- OLQP Auction
- After School Program sub
- Box Top program
- Assisting teachers with various project
- Working Special Persons Day lunch
- All Catholic Schools Week Activities (book fair, special person's lunch, open house doughnut serving)
- Mission Carnival
- Bake sales
- Working a class bake sale
- Working on class projects for a fundraiser
- Head coach of one of our sports teams (all 20 hours fulfilled)
- Assistant coach of one of our sports teams-maximum of 1 per sport (all 20 hours fulfilled)
- Being on the board of any committee (all 20 hours fulfilled)
- PSA Classroom Representative (20 hours fulfilled)
- Head chairperson of a PSA approved fundraiser (all 20 hours fulfilled)
- 1 hour will be given for every $100 sold in a PSA fundraiser
Some examples of what does not qualify are: lectors, greeters, Eucharist ministers, class parties, rummage sale and field trips.
Your hours should be recorded on a service hours log sheet you can print from the school website and must be turned in to the school office a few times during the school year.
Emily Lamere is in charge of this task.If you have questions or you need to find out your hour total, contact Emily Lamere.